CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Diets, Chicken, and Triathlons.

Today is a day full of posts. Mainly because I actually have time to get on my turtle speed computer and because I feel like writing.

I've been going to the gym. Well, the last time I went was a week ago. But, prior to that, I was going nearly every day. For two weeks. I loved the way I felt after going to the gym. Refreshed, sexy, slim. So, you may be asking yourself, "Self, why did she stop going?" That's a damn good question. And, it has nothing to do with the gym.

My roommate is training for a triathlon. So, along with a rigorous exercise routine, she also has a rigorous menu. Chicken, veggies, and potatoes Monday through Wednesday and fish, veggies, and potatoes Thursday through Saturday (there's more than that but, I only eat dinner with her and this is what we eat). For the past three weeks I've pretty much consumed chicken, veggies, and potatoes (not a big fish fan). That's it. Oh, I have had salads, fruit/yogurt, and, of course, my special k red berries. I virtually gave up Coke Zero and Diet Coke. And then it happened. The thing that happens with every diet. I got sick of it. Literally. If I had to eat another chicken breast, I was going to kill someone. So, instead of getting lean meat and still trying to stay healthy, I ate myself out of house and home. So, the whole two pounds I lost in my three weeks of diet and exercise? Have possibly quadrupled during the course of a week. Because, this just in, if you eat crap food, you feel like crap. Gym wasn't in my vocabulary.

I hate diets. And chicken. And stupid triathlons.

So, I've decided that I am not going to be following her "menu" any longer. I am going to eat healthy, but with variety. I'm not going to have a "cheat" day because I won't need one. AND, I'm going back to the gym tomorrow after work.

I'm determined to be healthier. I want to be a granolaandyogurt/yoga/gym/freshveggiesoverfriedfood kind of person. I want to wear my size 8s again, damn it!
So, here's to a healthier, happier, size 8 start. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment