CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Page One.


I spend wayyyyy too much money on books. Seriously. I used to be much worse than I am now but, it's an addiction. Most girls spend money on shoes, clothes, jewelry. I spend money on books, sheets, and picture frames.

Back to the books though. I purchased three books today. One was on sale so it automatically cancels out the bad-ness of the purchase. While buying books is great because you are contributing to the author, it's even better when you actually read them. And, sadly enough, I don't read them. I keep them. On my shelves. To collect dust. I buy them with the intention of reading them. I just never get around to it.

Some of you may be thinking, "why don't you just go to the library and marvel at the books that live there?" Well, my friends, the library smells. For many reasons. Reason number one: books get moldy and mildewy with age. Reason number two: it doesn't cost anything to go to the library. Therefore, those without homes can stay cool or warm without having to purchase anything. Reason number three: they are significantly understaffed so, cleanliness isn't exactly on their to-do list.

Back to the books. The books I bought today? I have every intention of reading them. And, if I don't read them? I'm donating them to the library. Or taking them back. Either, or. Depends on how well my olfactory system is working that day.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh.... I hate the library. For many of the reasons you listed, as well as the free internet users....
    Steve does not understand this, and my Amazon bill makes him craxy. I have spent so much, they upgraded me to free two day shipping.
    Gotta be good at something.
    What books did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought...Jane Green's, The Beach House; Jodi Picoult's, The Pact; and Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin's, Three Cups of Tea.

    The Beach House was the kind of book I was looking for. Something light. I'm a Jodi Picoult whore so, I obviously had to buy another one of her books. And, Three Cups of Tea was recommended to me several years ago buy one of my customers at the time. She said it was a really good read.

    I'm not patient enough for Amazon. I wish I was though. A lot cheaper that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I must be on the same misspelling/incorrect grammar wave- Three Cups of Tea was recommended to me several years ago BY...

    I really need to go back to school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But, I could have patience for the price I just paid (shipping included) for Three Cups of Tea and The Pact. I can only ready one book at a time, right?

    Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete